Below are some tips on how to best prepare your skin for electrolysis:
* Gently exfoliating your skin before treatment helps open the hair follicle, allowing the hair to slide out more easily.
* Your diet can affect your pain sensitivity. Avoid stimulates such as caffeine, chocolate, and sugar the day of your treatment.
* Taking a pain reliever an hour prior to the appointment can make the treatment more comfortable.
* The hair you see is not all the hair you have. Hair grows in cycles. That is why it take more than one appointment to permanently clear an area.
* Drinking plenty of water the day before, the day of and the day after the treatment. Dehydrated follicles are more difficult to treat. Hydration will also help your skin heal more quickly.
* Female clients may find that they are more sensitive during or right before their menstrual cycle.
* Avoid sun exposure for at least 24 hours prior to treatment to avoid dilation of blood vessels.
* After your treatment, do not touch or scratch the treated area. Bacteria are everywhere and may cause breakouts to the area.
* Do not sweat excessively after the treatment. Sweat can cause bacteria to enter into the open follicles and cause an infection.
* Keep the area clean and dry and apply Bacitracin or another antibacterial ointment the night of your treatment. This will help your skin heal faster.
To learn more useful tips to make your electrolysis treatments the most effective book your free consultation.